While members of the Green Bay Packers were doing their off-season conditioning, their playing and practice surfaces were undergoing some serious re-conditioning. Over the last several years, Waupaca Sand & Solutions has helped turn Lambeau Field, Ray Nitschke Field, and Clarke Hinkle Field into showcase playing surfaces.
You can learn about these projects first-hand from many of the key players at the upcoming Sports Turf Managers’ Association National Conference.
Waupaca Sand & Solutions’ Project Manager Ellen Davis will be speaking on a panel with Green Bay Packers Field Manager Allen Johnson, CSFM, Andrew McNitt, Ph.D. Associate Professor of Soil Science/Turfgrass, Penn State University, Brian Storm President of FIELDS Construction, David Anderson, Principal, D A Hogan & Associates.
On Friday January 14 at 8:00 a.m., plan to attend “Turf on the Frozen Tundra“ Building Fields for the Green Bay Packers. The speakers will discuss strategies for successful field renovations, with special focus on the following topics:
- Identification and building support of key players in your organization
- Best practices during the planning stage
- Selecting a field builder
- Field manager’s role during the field construction
- Documentation and quality control testing
- The important last steps before the project completion date
We hope to see you at the conference. Stop by booth #1410 to talk with Ellen and other members of our team!